Grants Accounting Associate
The Grants Accounting Associate maintains specific areas of the grant management system including application and data input, communication, inquiries, grant payments and reports. Operating in a high transaction environment, the Grants Accounting Associate is responsible for meeting regular grant deadlines and producing accurate, high quality product on a consistent basis. The Grants Accounting Associate also provides backup for the payroll and payables function when needed. The Grants Accounting Associate works closely with all Foundation staff in processing grant information.
Key skills and competencies: excellent interpersonal, collaborative, verbal, written, analytical, organizational and computer skills; flexibility; adaptability; accurate attention to grant process and accounting detail; and a proactive, curious orientation. Ability to organize, prioritize and manage workload during periods of high activity utilizing a task and deadline orientation. Two years of college accounting or the equivalent in education or experience. Experience in non-profit accounting. Experience with payroll and payables preparation. Grant management experience a plus.
Reports to: Director of Grant Management
Grant Accounting Associate Responsibilities
For Foundation grant-related data, the Grants Accounting Associate must consistently apply grant process and guidelines to enable accurate and timely processing of applications, payments, awards, and inquiries. Requirements include:
- Monitor and adhere to reporting schedules, deadlines, and requirements to ensure steady flow of grant making process;
- Communicate with program and finance staff, grantees, and applicants for concise and uniform grants administration policies and procedures; and comply with IRS regulations and foundation-specific guidelines for all grants.
- Serve as resource for staff requiring grant management or process information;
- Contact with prospective and current grantees when required to gather information or provide notifications, including follow up of applications, reports, extensions, and payments as required.
- Communicate with respect, professionalism, and confidentiality when dealing with Foundation, personnel, applicant and grantee information.
- Produce letters, emails, and reports that are professional, accurate, and in good English format.
Grant Management & Reporting
- Input applications, reports, payment requests, update and maintain information in the grant management database.
- Maintain accurate tracking of grant files and information to ensure accurate and timely processing of data.
- Track payments made, payments due, and balances of awards, and update changes as needed.
- Provide ad hoc grant reporting and research as needed using grant management database, Excel and Word.
- Prepare payroll as alternate when primary payroll person is absent.
- Prepare and code payables check requests.
- Provide alternate coverage of front desk duties during lunch and when Admin Associate is absent.
- Prepare accounting research and analysis reports as required.
- Assist staff as required or requested with research, contacts, follow-up.
- As assigned or initiated.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume and three (3) references to:
Attn: Vice President
301 W Northern Lights Blvd, Ste 400
Anchorage, AK 99503
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 907-297-2770
Rasmuson Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer