How to Apply on Paper
Applying for a Tier 2 grant is a two-step process. The first step is to prepare and submit a Letter of Inquiry. If the Foundation is interested in the project, then the organization will be invited to submit a full Tier 2 proposal.
Step One: Letter of Inquiry
Please prepare your application with the following items in the order listed below. The quality and completeness of an application directly impacts the duration of the evaluation process.
Application cover sheet. Please note: the cover sheet must contain the original signature of the chief executive or top ranking official.
Narrative - No more than two (2) single-spaced pages that provides information in the order requested:
- Brief history of organization; services provided; geographic area served; and number of beneficiaries.
- Description of project for which funding is requested; identify the need for the project, current status, and a timeline for implementation, and how this project will contribute to the quality of life for Alaskans.
- Explain how the project will be sustained in the future.
- Identify the project director and briefly describe their qualifications
- Complete an itemized project budget form. You may add as many lines as necessary to the worksheet. Formulas in the worksheet will automatically total the amounts entered.
- Provide a list of the board of directors with affiliations for each member.
- Complete the board member contributions form. Click here for an explanation of board giving.
- Requests for technology follow a slightly different process and require additional written documentation to supplement the application. Click here for complete instructions.
- Complete the Application Checklist. Review your application for completeness and check each item.
- Applications must be typed.
- Use plain white, standard 8 1/2 x 11" paper, single-sided, with 1" margins and a font size no smaller than 10 points.
- Submit the original and one (1) photocopy of all materials.
- Do not use staples, binders or elaborate packaging.
- Submit only requested materials.
Click here for a summary of the application forms listed above: Forms.
|Mail your application to:|
|301 West Northern Lights Blvd., Ste 400|
|Anchorage, AK 99503|
The Foundation does not accept applications sent via fax or email.
Step Two: Full Proposal - By Invitation Only
Should the project described in the Letter of Inquiry be of interest to the Foundation, a formal invitation will be extended to the applicant to undertake the second step of the process, submission of a full Tier 2 proposal. An invitation would typically be extended within two to three months of submitting the Letter of Inquiry. An invitation letter will provide a username and password to enter secure area where you can find complete instructions on how to submit a full proposal.
If you have a question about the eligibility of your organization or the application process, contact the Rasmuson Foundation. Rasmuson Foundation encourages applicants to call or meet with staff to discuss proposals prior to submission.
Grant procedures are subject to change at the discretion of the Board of Directors.