How to Apply
Please prepare your application with the following items in the order listed below.
- Download and complete the application Cover Sheet. On the designated line, the form must contain the original signature of the Chief Executive or top ranking official.
- IRS 501(c)(3) tax-exemption letter. (Tribal entities may include the Federal Register list with the name of their tribe highlighted. Tribal entities will be entered into the Foundation's database as their name appears in the Federal Register.)
Narrative - Submit no more than two (2) single-spaced pages and provide the information in the order requested.
- Brief history of organization; mission; services provided; geographic area served; and number of beneficiaries
- Description of project for which funding is requested. Identify the need for the project, current status, and a timeline for implementation
- Description of total cost of project, the amount of the Rasmuson request, what grant funds will purchase, and, if relevant, how the organization anticipates raising the balance
- Explain how the project will be sustained in the future
- Identify the project director and describe their qualifications
- Download and complete an itemized project budget form. Using the Excel worksheet, list specific project components, the cost of each and sources of funding. Separate capital items from non-capital items (for example, do not include shipping, installation or training as part of the cost of a capital item). List the source and amount of any project funds raised to date or pending. Show how project revenues are allocated to costs. You may add as many lines as necessary to the Excel worksheet. Formulas in the worksheet will automatically total the amounts entered.
- Provide a list of the board of directors with affiliations for each member
- Download and complete the board member contributions form. List individual board member cash contributions to the applicant organization within the past 12 months. Click here for an explanation of board giving.
- Provide a representative list of contributors to the applicant, including the Rasmuson Foundation, during the preceding two fiscal years (please limit to one page), including amounts granted by each.
Provide information regarding your organization's finances.
If organization's annual operating budget is $500,000 or greater:
- Financial statements. Click here for instructions.
- Most recent balance sheet available. Click here for a sample of a balance sheet.
- Twelve-month statement of revenues and expenses for most recently completed fiscal year (please remember to identify the fiscal year).
- Current year operating budget, showing anticipated sources of both revenues and expenses
- Technology: requests for technology require additional written documentation to supplement the application. Click here for complete instructions.
- The Application Checklist is a tool to review your application for completeness. Do not submit the checklist with your Letter of Inquiry.
- Applications must be typed.
- Use plain white, standard 8 1/2 x 11" paper, single-sided, with 1" margins and a font size no smaller than 10 points.
- Submit the original and one (1) photocopy of all materials.
- Do not use staples, binders or elaborate packaging.
|Mail your application to:|
|301 West Northern Lights Blvd., Ste 400|
|Anchorage, AK 99503|
The Foundation does not accept applications sent via fax or email.
- To avoid unnecessary delay in evaluating your request, please take the time to ensure that your application is complete and accurate. The quality and completeness of an application directly impacts the duration of the evaluation process.
- The Chief Executive or top ranking officer is required to sign the cover sheet.
Please contact the Rasmuson Foundation if you have questions.
Grant procedures are subject to change at the discretion of the Board of Directors.