Where We Fund
- The Rasmuson Foundation only supports organizations based in and providing services to Alaska.
Who We Fund
- Alaskan organizations that have received 501(c)(3) status from the Internal Revenue Service and are classified as "not a private foundation" under section 509(a) of the Code, units of government and federally-recognized tribes.
- Please note:
- For religious organizations, only projects with a broad community impact are considered
- For units of government and tribes, only projects with a broad community impact beyond traditional government functions are considered
Who Receives Priority
- The Rasmuson Foundation Board prioritizes organizations that can demonstrate 100% of their board has made a cash contribution to the organization and or project in the last 12 months.
Who We Do Not Fund
- Organizations or foundations for redistribution of funds to entities of their own selection
- Organizations that, as a major purpose, influence legislation or support candidates for public office
- Organizations that discriminate by reason of race, religion, sex, or national origin
- Other private foundations
- Individuals (except for Individual Artist Awards)
What We Fund
- Special projects. The Foundation may consider funding the expansion or start-up of innovative programs that address issues of broad community or statewide significance. The project must demonstrate long-term benefits or impacts, and be initiated by an established organization(s) with a history of accomplishment.
What We Don't Fund
The Rasmuson Foundation concentrates its resources in the areas listed above. Generally, that means we cannot support many worthy requests including the following:
If you have a question about the eligibility of your organization, contact the Rasmuson Foundation.
- General operations, administrative, indirect or overhead costs
- Deficits, or debt reduction
- Fund-raising events or sponsorships
- In general, K-12 education
- Reimbursement for items already purchased
- Electronic health records and other emerging technologies. See policy.
For application instructions go to:
How to Apply